Angelica Root (Angelica archangelica) – 100% Pure Essential Oil
Angelica Root Essential Oil – The Hidden Gem
Angelica root essential oil has a long history of use both therapeutically and as a ward against evil. Its warming and stimulating properties has been used for centuries to treat digestive ills, detoxification, and boggy congested lung conditions. It is the brazen friend who encourages, supports, and empowers you to overcome your troubles and is an amazing ally for strengthening a person’s resolve.
Known in the Middle Ages as the Angel’s Herb, angelica’s unique healing qualities have stood the test of time (it was even used during the plague!) making it a welcome addition to your essential oil repertoire. If you have tried other oils for anxiety without success, try Angelica root!
ANGELICA ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Angelica essential oil may not be among the most popular oils but it has an impressive range of medicinal properties which make it worth considering as a new addition to your essential oils collection.
FOR BETTER DIGESTION
Good digestion is key to good health and Angelica essential oil can help you to restore your digestive health very effectively. Angelica essential oil has anti-spasmodic and carminative properties that can help settle your stomach and relieve numerous ailments.
Because of its ability to combat spasms, it can effectively ease cramping in the stomach as well as in other parts of the body. Its carminative actions can also help relax your intestinal walls which allows food and gases to travel through the intestines more easily.
This can help treat common, uncomfortable conditions like indigestion, gas and bloating. It can also help regulate the levels of bile and acid in the stomach which in turn improves your overall ability to digest your food efficiently.
Because we are constantly bombarded with environmental and dietary toxins, our body’s major organs like the liver and kidney tend to be overworked. This can lead to illness and fatigue and it is a good idea to try to flush the toxins from your system every now and again to keep your body in the best condition possible.
There are several reasons why angelica essential oil can help you to detoxify your body. First of all it has diaphoretic properties which basically means that it helps you to sweat.While we often consider sweating to be a nuisance, it performs a valuable function in eliminating many unwanted substances from the body including uric acid, fats, sebum and other toxins.
Secondly, angelica essential oil acts as a natural diuretic meaning that it increases the quantity and frequency of urination which can help purify your system. These functions mean that angelica oil can help purify the body and fight off damage to the kidneys as well as protecting against health problems like rheumatism, gout and kidney stones.
If you are prone to suffering from congestion and other respiratory issues associated with sicknesses like the cold, flue and bronchitis then angelica essential oil may provide a natural solution.
Angelica oil is considered to have expectorant properties which basically means that it can be inhaled to clean phlegm and mucus from the respiratory tract.
- While diffusing the oil and inhaling it directly are both effective, the best way to treat your congestion is to add a few drops to a bowl of hot water and inhale the rich, steamy vapors.
- Combining your angelica oil with peppermint or eucalyptus oil will give even better results and you should be breathing more easily in no time at all.
One of the traditional uses of angelica root was to treat fevers and chills caused by infection like the flu and cold. The essential oil of angelica can help fight fevers because of its ability to promote sweating and urination and the way in which it helps excrete toxins from the body.
FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY
Like so many essential oils, angelica oil is widely used in aromatherapy to treat emotional problems as well as nervous conditions like stress or anxiety. When diffused or inhaled, angelica essential oil can promote feelings of calm and peace as well as helping to eradicate general feelings of negativity. It has a warm, musky and earthy aroma that many people respond well to and when diffused around the home can bring positivity, calm and joy.
There are several ways that you can use angelica oil to improve your emotional wellbeing.
- Diffusing the oil is an excellent option as is direct inhalation.
- Alternatively you can add a few drops to your pillow at night or a few drops to your bath and allow this wonderful oil to wash over your body and mind.
While angelica oil can have a calming effect on the mind, it has a contrasting stimulating effect on your body. It can help improve the circulation of your blood, as well as the secretion of vital bodily enzymes and juices all of which contributes to better digestion, excretion and overall health.
Angelica essential oil has natural emmenagogue properties which makes it an excellent choice for women who are suffering from the many symptoms thrown at them each menstrual cycle.
It is thought to improve menstrual regularity as well as numerous symptoms of the period including cramps, bloating, fatigue and mood issues. Angelica essential oil can also effectively deal with hormonal headaches and nausea.
Whether your headache is caused by hormones, sinus problems or migraines, angelica essential oil is an effective remedy. If you feel a headache coming on try massaging a few drops into your temples or simply inhaling it directly from the bottle or hands.
FOR THE SKIN
Angelica oil is generally considered to be safe for topical use but should always be diluted properly with another skin friendly base oil like coconut oil or almond oil. After dilution, you can apply it gently to your face to rejuvenate the appearance of your skin and give it a healthier glow.
Try combining a few drops of angelica oil with an equal amount of frankincense oil if you want to give your face an extra special treat.
Bear in mind that angelica oil may be photosensitive which means that direct exposure to the sun can cause a serious reaction. To guard against this, make sure that you do not expose your skin to direct sunlight for at least 12 hours after applying it.
HOW TO USE IT
There are many ways in which you can use angelica essential oil depending on the ailment you are treating. These include the following:
- Inhalation– You can safely inhale angelica oil from the bottle or from a piece of material to fight stress and anxiety as well as respiratory problems.
- Diffuse- diffuse your angelica oil around the home and office to lift your spirits.
- Massage-add a few drops of angelica oil to a carrier oil and make a lovely, soothing massage oil to help digestion and improve circulation.
For menstrual problems-dilute your oil and massage it into the abdomen each evening or add a few drops to a warm compress and apply it against your stomach.
- Bath-add a few drops to your bath to deal with emotional and several physical health issues.
SIDE EFFECTS AND PRECAUTIONS
Angelica essential oil is generally considered safe to inhale and use topically but there are some safety issues to consider.
- Don’t take angelica oil internally unless you are under expert supervision.
- Angelica essential oil is not safe for diabetics or pregnant women and should be avoided.
- Allergic reaction may occur when applied topically especially if the oil is used neat so always dilute it properly and perform a patch test first.
- Angelica essential oil can increase photosensitivity so avoid exposing your skin direct sunlight for at least 12 hours after use.
Learn more about the Benefits of Angelica Root in the links below:
9 Proven Angelica Essential Oil Benefits
6 Surprising Benefits Of Angelica Herb For Skin, Hair And Health
15 Amazing Benefits Of Angelica Essential Oil
Angelica Root essential oil is also available in the following:
READY-TO-USE ROLLERS WITH GRAPE SEED OIL >>
WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND >>
AROMATHERAPY SPRAYS >>
NATURAL REED DIFFUSERS >>
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- For topical application, it is always best to mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG ANGELICA ROOT ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.