Holy Basil Essential Oil – A Religious Experience with Amazing Benefits
Holy basil, otherwise known as tulsi, is known for its therapeutic power. It has a rich history dating back 3,000 years ago to ancient Indian uses. Historically used as medicine due to its widespread therapeutic power, holy basil leaves are now regarded by most countries as adaptogens (anti-stress agents) and have been used widely to promote health throughout the entire body.
A member of the mint family, Holy Basil is one of the most important herbs in Ayurvedic medicine, an alternative form of healthcare with roots in India.
Country of origin: India
Method of extraction: Steam Distillation.
Scent Description: Aromatically, Holy Basil Essential Oil resembles a cross between traditional Basil Oil and Clove Oil.
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, Juniper, Lemon, Neroli or Rosemary essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- Alleviates anxiety, helps with ADD/ADHD, decreases risk of diabetes, relieves pain, improves appearance of skin, prevents Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, reduces symptoms of asthma and COPD, treats acne, boosts immune system functions, reduces cholesterol and improves heart health, prevents kidney stones, disinfects wounds and fights infection.
- How To Use Holy Basil
- There are many ways to take advantage of holy basil’s healing benefits.
- Dilute holy basil with a carrier oil before applying it to the face to treat acne, or to other parts of the body to relieve muscle pain.
- A few drops of holy basil oil can be added to bath water to help speed up recovery from a cold or to provide stress relief through aromatherapy.
- Holy basil can be used directly on the hair to boost shine. Just rub a few drops of oil between the palms of your hand and massage into your hair.
- If you are headed on a camping trip or going hiking, pack holy basil essential oil along for the journey. A few drops of holy basil can purify water by killing existing bacteria.
Shelf-life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG HOLY BASIL ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Holy Basil essential oil is also available in the following:
READY-TO-USE ROLLERS WITH GRAPE SEED OIL >>
WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND >>
The Difference Between Basil & Holy Basil