Basil Essential Oil – Not Only for Culinary Use
Basil, also known as Tulsi, is an aromatic herb that originated from India. This potent herb has also earned the nickname “Queen of herbs” because of its unique and properties. Basil Essential oil is a powerful essential oil with an herbaceous-minty fragrance that instantly help sharpen and clear the head, and even helps relax the nerves.
Country of origin: India
Method of extraction: The essential oil is produced through steam distilling the flowers or the whole basil plant.
Scent Description: Sweet Basil has a naturally sweet, warming, and slightly spicy aroma that has anise-like notes and balsamic undertones.
Blends Well With: Basil oil blends well with many other essential oils, including bergamot, black pepper, cedarwood, fennel, ginger, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, marjoram, and neroli.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of basil essential oil include its ability to treat nausea, inflammation, motion sickness, indigestion, constipation, respiratory problems, and fight bacterial infections and manage diabetes.
- Basil oil is a good tonic for the treatment of nervous disorders and stress related headaches, migraines and allergies. It is used to clear the mind and relieve intellectual fatigue, while giving clarity and mental strength.
- Bronchitis, colds, coughs, exhaustion, flatulence, flu, gout, insect bites, insect repellent, muscle aches, rheumatism, sinusitis. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 58-67.]
- Since skin breakouts are mainly caused by a built-up bacteria, excess oil and small areas of infections, basil essential oil can act as a home remedy for acne. Basil essential oil is one of several essential oils that can effectively kill skin pathogens that lead to acne breakouts.
- Human research also demonstrates that basil essential oil can help to clear up acne lesions with little discomfort or side effects after application. If there was any burning or redness, it disappeared within a few minutes of application.
- Using a clean cotton ball, apply one to two drops of basil oil along with coconut or jojoba oil to the affected area once or twice daily.
Shelf-life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG SWEET BASIL ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
The Difference Between Sweet Basil & Holy Basil
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…