Blood Orange Essential Oil – The Red Healing Citrus
Blood oranges are seriously one of the many wonders of the natural world. As its name suggests, this variation of orange has unique splotches of red pigment inside and outside its peel, all because of the curious flavonoid pigment most commonly found in red and purple fruits and vegetables such as cherries and berries!
Blood orange has a unique scent and a beautiful deep rose-color, making it one of the prettiest and also most beneficial of the citrus fruits. Its oil is incredibly high in antioxidants due high levels of anthocyanins, the red flavonoid pigments that give blood oranges their vibrant hue.
Country of origin: Italy
Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed
Scent Description: Blood Orange Essential Oil has a fresh, herbaceous, floral scent with a woody, balsamic undertone and a top note.
Blends Well With: Blood Orange’s fresh scent blends well with Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Clary Sage, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Bark and Clove Bud.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of orange essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, carminative, diuretic, tonic, sedative, and a cholagogic substance.
- Colds, constipation, dull skin, flatulence, flatulence, flu, gums, mouth, slow digestion, stress. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 57-67.]
- Citrus oils work well in promoting collagen and increasing blood circulation on skin.
- Effective in calming irritated and dry skin.
- Great for acne prone and sensitive skin.
- Also effective in removing calluses on feet!
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG BLOOD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- Diffusing essential oils is best enjoyed in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…