Copaiba Essential Oil – The Oil of 100 Foot Tall Brazilian Trees
One of the world’s most powerful anti-inflammatory agents comes from the natural oil produced by 100-foot tall copaiba trees in the Amazon rainforest. Amazonian natives used copaiba oil in folk remedies far before it became known in the 21st century for relieving pain, alleviating stress, or serving as an antibacterial solution.
Country of origin: Brazil
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation.
Scent Description: Aromatically, Copaiba Essential has a deep, rich, earthy, grounding aroma.
Blends Well With: Lavender, Black pepper, Frankincense, Angelica root or seed, Clove bud, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemongrass, Ylang ylang, Cypress, and Eucalyptus essential oil.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The most important and impressive health benefits of copaiba essential oil include its ability to reduce pain and inflammation, protect against infections, heal the skin, prevent fungal growth, and boost the respiratory health. It improves the health of the skin and hair, maintains bladder control, speeds up healing, tightens the skin, and lowers blood pressure as well.
- Because Copaiba Balsam contains over 90% sesquiterpenes, the oil is said to be a powerful anti-inflammatory and may also exhibit anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Jane Buckle cites a study that indicates that Copaiba Balsam shows promise in assisting with acne. [Jane Buckle, PhD, RN, Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Healthcare, Edition 3 (London, UK: Elsevier, 2015), 272.]
- Julie Lawless cites these additional possible uses: bronchitis, colds, stress, perfumery fixative. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 126.]
Shelf Life: 6-8 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…