Coriander Essential Oil – From Ancient Spice to Modern Medicine
The word “coriander” technically describes the whole plant, but depending on geography, coriander and cilantro have different descriptions. In the United Kingdom, the leaves of the plant are called coriander and the seeds are called coriander seeds. In the United States, the leaves are called cilantro and the seeds are called coriander. However, in India, it is called dhania.
Coriander Seed Essential Oil is an invigorating, stimulating oil. It is often noted for its use in aiding digestion and in assisting with aches, pains and arthritis.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Coriander seed essential oil is obtained from the fruit of the plant through the process of steam distillation.
Scent Description: Coriander oil has a sweet, spicy, warm smell, is nearly colorless to pale yellow and has a watery viscosity.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Cypress, Ginger, and Sandalwood essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of cilantro or coriander essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an analgesic, increases libido (aphrodisiac), treats spasms (antispasmodic), eliminates gas (carminative), purifies the blood (depurative), deodorant, digestive, fungicidal, weight lose (lipolytic), stimulant, and stomachic substance.
- Aches, arthritis, colic, fatigue, grout, indigestion, nausea, rheumatism. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 60-67.]
- Cognitive support and brain health. [Dorene Petersen, Presentation: Clinical Use of Aromatherapy for Brain Health: 7 Essential Oils. August 9, 2017, New Brunswick, NJ. Alliance of International Aromatherapists 2017 Conference. AIA 2017 Conference Proceedings page 221-222.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG CORIANDER ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Coriander essential oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>