Dill Seed Essential Oil – Beyond Pickles, This Oil Helps Heal
Dill has been around for centuries for both food and medicinal purposes. In the food industry, it’s primarily used for making those dill pickles that are commonly placed on grilled burgers and sandwiches. Dill seed, dill weed oil and fresh dill are the typical forms of dill and are often used by the food industry for added flavor in baked goods, snacks, condiments and meat products, and as ingredient in liqueurs. The fragrance industry has even taken advantage of dill by using it to produce soaps, perfumes, detergents, creams and lotions.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Scent Description: Dill oil has a grass-like smell and is pale yellow in color, with a watery viscosity.
Blends Well With: Citrus oils including lime, lemon, bergamot, and orange; spiced scents such as nutmeg and clove; and oils from the herb garden including, oregano, cilantro, caraway, and Roman chamomile.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of dill include its ability to boost digestion, as well as provide relief from insomnia, hiccups, diarrhea, dysentery, menstrual disorders, respiratory disorders, and various types of cancers. It is also good for oral care and can be a powerful boost for your immune system. It can also protect you from bone degradation. It is also an anti-inflammatory substance, which means that it can protect you against arthritis. Furthermore, it can reduce excess gas, and is considered a carminative.
- Dyspepsia, flatulence, indigestion, bronchial asthma, dysmenorrhoea and the promotion of lacation. [Salvatore Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy (Australia: The Perfect Potion, 2003), 287.]
Shelf Life: 5-6 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG DILL ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Dill essential oil is also available in the following:
NATURAL WAX CANDLES >>
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>