Help Your Body Heal With Hyssop Oil
Historical records have shown that the hyssop plant was important in helping ease minor infections. The good news is, you can reap this plant’s immense health benefits by using hyssop essential oil.
Hyssop is a perennial and herbaceous plant that hails mainly from the Mediterranean region. Its use dates back to biblical times, where it was actually considered a holy plant used for purification purposes. The Christians believe hyssop to be a sacred and pure herb, used for baptism and reconciliation. Not only that, the Romans used hyssop because it was believed hyssop can protect them against the various plagues that were spreading during that time.
Country of origin: Spain
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Scent Description: Hyssop oil has a sweet, warm smell that many find appealing.
Blends Well With: Thyme, eucalyptus, grapefruit, lavender, and rosemary.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Hyssop Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an astringent, stimulant, anti-Spasmodic, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, carminative (relieves flatulence), cicatrizant (promotes healing through the formation of scar tissue), digestive, diuretic (increases passing of urine), emmenagogue (stimulates/increases menstrual flow), expectorant, hypertensive (raises blood pressure), nervine, sudorific (induces sweating), tonic, febrifuge (helps reduce fever), vermifuge, and vulnerary (heals wounds) substance.
- Coughs, colds, influenza, bronchitis, catarrh, asthma, bronchial infections, contusions, bruising, wounds, arthritis, rheumatism, muscular aches and pains, digestive problems. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 548.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…