Lime Essential Oil – Another Citrus Powerhouse
This essential oil has been extensively used in the food and beverage industry, as well as in making fragrances. This versatile citrus oil is also added to household cleaners, detergents, soaps and other beauty products.
You can also get body-wide benefits by using lime oil in aromatherapy, as it is stimulating and refreshing. Just like lemon oil, lime oil can be used for its cleansing properties. Its rich vitamin C content also makes it an ideal immune system booster, helping protect you from colds and flu.
There are multiple ways to use lime oil, depending on what health condition you want to treat or address.
Country of origin: Brazil
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed/Expressed
Scent Description: Fresh, citrusy, sweet, slightly tart smell.
Blends Well With: Citronella, Clary Sage, Rosemary, and Lavender essential oils as well as other citrus oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Lime essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic (cures infections), antiviral (prevents viral infections), astringent (cures toothaches), aperitif (increases appetite), bactericidal (treats bacterial infections), disinfectant, febrifuge (reduces fever), hemostatic (promotes blood coagulation), restorative (restores health), and a tonic (prevents signs of aging) substance.
- Acne, asthma, chilblains, colds, dull skin, flu, varicose veins. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-66.]
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG LIME ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Lime essential oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>