Lime Essential Oil – Another Citrus Powerhouse
This essential oil has been extensively used in the food and beverage industry, as well as in making fragrances. This versatile citrus oil is also added to household cleaners, detergents, soaps and other beauty products.
You can also get body-wide benefits by using lime oil in aromatherapy, as it is stimulating and refreshing. Just like lemon oil, lime oil can be used for its cleansing properties. Its rich vitamin C content also makes it an ideal immune system booster, helping protect you from colds and flu.
There are multiple ways to use lime oil, depending on what health condition you want to treat or address.
Country of origin: Brazil
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed/Expressed
Scent Description: Fresh, citrusy, sweet, slightly tart smell.
Blends Well With: Citronella, Clary Sage, Rosemary, and Lavender essential oils as well as other citrus oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Lime essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic (cures infections), antiviral (prevents viral infections), astringent (cures toothaches), aperitif (increases appetite), bactericidal (treats bacterial infections), disinfectant, febrifuge (reduces fever), hemostatic (promotes blood coagulation), restorative (restores health), and a tonic (prevents signs of aging) substance.
- Acne, asthma, chilblains, colds, dull skin, flu, varicose veins. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-66.]
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…