Manuka Essential Oil – A Tea Tree Family Member
Manuka is one of the youngest entries in the book of aromatherapy, as its uses in aromatherapy were discovered quite recently. However, its medicinal uses have been known for a long time among the original inhabitants of New Zealand, the country to which this tree is native.
Country of origin: New Zealand
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Scent Description: Aromatically, Manuka Essential Oil is earthy, yet fresh and pleasant.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, ginger, juniper, lavender, rosemary, tea tree, and more.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Manuka Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an anti-dandruff, antidote to insect bites and stings, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-histaminic, anti-allergenic. cicatrisant, cytophylactic, deodorant, and relaxant substance.
- Bronchial infections, bronchitis, catarrh, coughs, influenza, skin infections, wounds, cuts, contusions, fungal skin infections, athlete’s foot, parasitic infection, ringworm, mites, head lice, scabies. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 553.]
Shelf Life: 6-8 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…