Palmarosa Essential Oil: A Potent Way to Improve Skin Health
Palmarosa essential oil is fast becoming favorite in essential oil therapy and aromatherapy, due to its excellent skin care properties. It is also used to relieve stiff and sore muscles, while calming the mind, uplifting and invigorating the spirits, and clearing muddled thinking.
Palmarosa oil calms the mind, yet has an uplifting effect, while clearing muddled thinking. It is used to counter physical and nervous exhaustion, stress-related problems and nervousness. It is most useful during convalescence and cools the body of fever, while aiding the digestive system, helping to clear intestinal infection, digestive atonia and anorexia nervosa. It is effective in relieving sore, stiff muscles. Palmarosa oil moisturizes the skin, while balancing the hydration levels and stimulating cell regeneration. It balances production of sebum, to keep the skin supple and elastic and is valuable for use with acne, dermatitis, preventing scarring, rejuvenating and regenerating the skin, as well as fighting minor skin infections, sore tired feet and athlete’s foot.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Scent Description: Palmarosa oil has a sweet floral, with a hint of rose smell.
Blends Well With: Geranium, bergamot, rosemary, lime and ylang-ylang.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of palmarosa essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic (prevents sepsis), antiviral (fights viral infections), bactericidal (cures bacterial infections), cytophylactic (heals wounds), digestive (improves digestions), febrifuge (reduces fever), and hydrating substance.
- Sinusitis, excess mucus, cystitis, urinary tract infection, gastrointestinal disorders, scarring, wounds, acne, pimples, boils, fungal infection, general fatigue, muscular aches, over-excercised muscles, stress, irritability, restlessness, insect bites and stings. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 611.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG PALMAROSA ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Palmarosa essential oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>