Tangerine Essential Oil – Uplift Your Spirit and Boost Immunity
This is yet another essential oil from a citrus fruit. You might be familiar with “tangerines”, and when you study about essential oils of mandarin oranges, you will find that tangerines are almost identical to mandarin oranges, with the exception that they have a deeper orange color, lack pips, and are harvested in a different time of the year than mandarin oranges.
Even the botanical name for tangerines and mandarin oranges is the same. Botanically, they are both known as Citrus reticulata. They are native to China, and from there, they have spread to other parts of the world. Just like mandarin essential oil, the essential oil of tangerine is extracted by cold compression of its peels.
Tangerine oil comes from the fruit’s outer peel and has a warm, fresh and citrusy aroma. Because of its sweet, tangy scent and calming effect, it’s a perfect fit for any early morning ritual.
Country of origin: Italy
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed/Expressed
Scent Description: Tangerine has a citrus scent – fresh, radiant and tangy sweet much like mandarin; can be seen as lighter with more candy-like tones than Sweet Orange.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, lemon, lemongrass, peppermint, cedarwood, geranium, ginger, jasmine, lavender, rosemary, and sandalwood essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Tangerine essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic (prevents sepsis), antispasmodic (relieves spasms), cytophylactic (promotes cell regeneration), depurative, sedative, stomachic (boost digestion), and a tonic substance.
- Stress-induced insomnia, nervous exhaustion, mild muscular spasm, cellulite, digestive problems, detoxification, flatulence, constipation, bodily congestion, fatigue, irritability, poor sporits, overly anxious. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 625.]
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG TANGERINE ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Tangerine oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>