Valerian Root Essential Oil – Nature’s Sleeping Aid
Valerian is a perennial flower that is native to parts of Europe and Asia, although it is now also grown in the United States. The scientific name of this beneficial plant is Valeriana officialis and although there are over 250 varieties of this plant, many of the side effects and medical applications are the same throughout. The plant was used as a fragrance as much as 500 years ago, but its medicinal benefits have also been well known for centuries. In fact, some people call valerian as a “heal all”, and the essential oil that is extracted from this miracle plant has dozens of different applications.
While there is some controversy about how effective valerian root or essential oil is for certain conditions, there are hundreds of years of experiential evidence to back up these natural health benefits, and the scientific evidence that has been accumulated is significant and impressive.
Country of origin: China
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled.
Scent Description: This calming essential oil has a strong aroma that is considered an acquired scent by some (sweaty socks?). It is pungent and musky and will stand out in a blend.
Blends Well With: Lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, geranium, and rosemary, essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- Some of the most important health benefits of valerian essential oil include its ability to improve sleep quality, calm gastrointestinal troubles, reduce heart palpitations, protect the skin, reduce nervous disorders, lower blood pressure, stimulate cognitive ability, lowers anxiety and depression, and lessen menstrual cramps, among others.
Shelf Life: 5-6 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG VALERIAN ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Valerian Root essential oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>