15ml. volume of pure, therapeutic grade, essential oil of Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens) in amber bottle with reducer tip.
Word of Caution:
The essential oil of wintergreen contains methyl salicylate. It should never be ingested and should not be used in aromatherapy. External application is sufficient for making this oil work inside since it easily seeps through the skin and is absorbed by the muscles and tissues. Furthermore, if accidentally ingested, it can cause severe damage to internal organs like the liver and kidneys. One more cautionary note, an excessive external application on the skin can also turn fatal because of absorption of excessive methyl salicylate in the tissues and consequently in the bloodstream. There have been examples of death of sportsmen, one of those is a sportsman who rubbed too much of a relaxing ointment on his thighs which contained methyl salicylate. For this reason, it should never be given to patients who are hyper-reactive to salicylates.
Discover more interesting facts about wintergreen oil in the links below:
Wintergreen 101: How to Use Wintergreen Essential Oil
Wintergreen Oil Relieves Muscles, Flu & Poor Digestion
11 Important Benefits Of Wintergreen Essential Oil
Uplift Your Mood With Wintergreen Oil
13 ideas on how to use wintergreen oil to better your health
17 Excellent Uses for Wintergreen Essential Oil
- Wintergreen oil is toxic if ingested. Be very careful in using this oil around children. Always dilute Wintergreen oil very well with a carrier oil if used topically.
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG WINTERGREEN ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.