Frankincense Essential Oil – The “King” of Oils
From ancient Egyptian rituals to your personal essential oil diffuser, frankincense has played a role in many cultures for upwards of 5,000 years. It’s commonly used in religious ceremonies and has been an important part of traditional Eastern medicine for some time.
Frankincense essential oil—also known as olibunam—comes from a resin extracted from Boswellia trees, primarily Boswellia sacra. It’s commonly used in incense and perfumes, and it’s available in its pure form as an essential oil.
Interest in this extract is growing not only because of its wonderful scent and rich tradition but also because of the nootropic benefits this essential oil has demonstrated.
Research suggests that frankincense may help promote a calm mood, enhance feelings of well-being, and even strengthen learning and memory. Many of these benefits are attributed to the anti-inflammatory activity that this essential oil demonstrates.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Scent Description: Frankincense has a rich, woody, spicy, haunting, but very pleasant earthy scent with a deeply mysterious nuance. Indian Frankincense is a mild and less pungent variety.
Blends Well With: Sandalwood, Lavender, Myrrh, Pine, Orange, Bergamot, and Lemon.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of frankincense essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic, disinfectant, astringent, carminative, cicatrizant, cytophylactic, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, sedative, tonic, uterine, and a vulnerary substance.
- Apart from being used as a cosmetic and a fragrance, frankincense oil has numerous medicinal uses. It has many amazing health benefits such as reducing stress, boosting immunity, fighting cancer, improving skin health, and promoting memory.
- Anxiety, asthma, bronchitis, extreme coughing, scars, stress, stretch marks. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 59-67.]
Shelf Life: 3-4 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Frankincense essential oil is also available in the following:
NATURAL WAX CANDLES >>
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>
NATURAL REED DIFFUSERS >>
NATURAL AIR MISTS >>