Oregano Essential Oil – Joy of the Mountains
Used for over two thousand years, oregano essential oil is native to the Mediterranean region. It’s amazing healing benefits were first discovered in Greece, where it was used as a topical anti-bacterial for the skin and for wounds. Growing wild in high altitude mountainous areas, it got its name, ‘oregano,’ or ‘joy of the mountains.’
Country of origin: Spain
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Scent Description: Oregano oil has a powerful, spicy, camphor-like aroma.
Blends Well With: Herbaceous, wood and conifer oils such as rosemary oil, cypress oil, cedarwood oil, tea tree oil and eucalyptus oils, and florals such as lavender oil and chamomile oil.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- Oregano essential oil has many health benefits that include treatment of parasitic and fungal infections, strengthening the immune system, and improving digestion. It can help balance hormones and lessen the symptoms of menstruation, aid in weight loss efforts, and even minimize the severity of allergic reactions.
- The benefits of oregano essential oil can be attributed to its antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and digestive properties. It also acts as an emmenagogue and an anti-allergenic substance.
- Coughs, digestion. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 188.]
Shelf Life: 3-4 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…