Ylang Ylang Oil – Soothes Your Skin and Your Mind
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil comes from flower petals of the large, tropical ylang ylang tree. It means “flower of flowers” and was given this name because of its sweet, floral scent. In fact, its oil is one of the key ingredients used in the legendary perfume Chanel No. 5!
It’s been highly sought after for centuries for its natural thickening effect on hair and also its healing properties on the skin. Throughout history in Indonesia, and even today, it’s commonly been used to decorate the bed of newlyweds on their wedding night due to its energizing, aphrodisiac qualities.
Today, ylang ylang trees are widely grown in tropical areas throughout Asia, including Indonesia, the Philippines and the Polynesian islands.
Country of origin: Comoro Islands
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled.
Scent Description: Fresh, floral, sweet, slightly fruity, fragrant yet delicate.
Blends Well With: Geranium, lemon, sandalwood, and vetiver essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of ylang ylang essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antidepressant, antiseborrheic, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, nervine, and sedative substance. It is also used for lowering high blood pressure.
- Anxiety, depression, frigidity, hypertension, palpitations, stress. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 61-67.]
Shelf Life: 6-8 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…