Black Pepper Essential Oil – So Much More Than What’s in Those Shakers
The musky, spicy aroma of black pepper essential oil adds warmth and energy to any situation. Once used as currency more valuable than gold, this essential oil remains to be a popular aid in treating various ailments and boosting sagging spirits.
The essential oil is extracted from the dried fruit of Piper nigrum; the black pepper plant.
Popular with athletes, black pepper essential oil melts tension away from used and abused muscles while others love the sharp mental clarity inhaling the scent brings. However you choose to enjoy this oil, you will find that black pepper essential oil is indeed as good as gold.
Country of origin: India
Method of extraction: Steam distillation
Scent Description: The aroma of Black Pepper Essential Oil is reminiscent to freshly ground peppercorns, but it is a bit more complex with hints of green and perhaps a bit of floral.
Blends Well With: Black Pepper blends especially well with bergamot, clary sage, clove, coriander, fennel, frankincense, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, juniper, lemon, lime, mandarin, sage, sandalwood and ylang-ylang.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as a digestive (improves digestion), diaphoretic (induces sweating), carminative (eliminates excess gas), aperient (relieves constipation), antispasmodic (relieves spasms), anti-rheumatic, anti-arthritic, antibacterial (cures bacterial infections), and antioxidant substance.
- Cognitive support and brain health. [Dorene Petersen, Presentation: Clinical Use of Aromatherapy for Brain Health: 7 Essential Oils. August 9, 2017, New Brunswick, NJ. Alliance of International Aromatherapists 2017 Conference. AIA 2017 Conference Proceedings page 221-222.]
- Aching muscles, arthritis, chilblains, constipation, muscle cramps, poor circulation, sluggish digestion. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-64.]
QUIT SMOKING AID
- Black pepper oil can be quite useful for those trying to quit smoking. Diffusing black pepper or inhaling it can help lessen cravings. Simply add a drop or two of black pepper to a tissue or cotton ball and sniff when cravings hit.
- You can also add the oil to an aromatherapy pendant or use it in a rollerball added to a carrier. This is one of the absolute best essential oils for smoking as it helps fight fatigue and increases energy while easing the stress that goes with nicotine withdrawal.
Shelf Life: 3-4 years.
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Black Pepper essential oil is also available in the following:
READY-TO-USE ROLLERS WITH GRAPE SEED OIL >>
WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND >>