Sampaguita Oil: The Promise of Love
Sampaguita is a white-colored and sweet-smelling flower that is native to Southeast Asia. It’s actually a member of the big family of jasmines, and botanical experts refer to it as Jasminum sambac. Sampaguita is also sometimes referred to as Philippine jasmine, Arabian jasmine, belle of India, maid of Orleans, and grand duke of Tuscany.
The national flower of the Philippines! It means “I promise you” and is a pledge of mutual love in the Philippines. It is regarded as a symbol of strength, simplicity, sacredness, humbleness, and purity.
In the world of aromatherapy, sampaguita is very popular because of its fragrance. But other than smelling wonderful, this fragrant flower is also chock-full of compounds possessing all sorts of beneficial properties. And it’s exactly for this reason why sampaguita is often used for dealing with numerous health and beauty issues.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Solvent Extracted. (Absolute oil)
Scent Description: Sampaguita Absolute Oil has a uniquely distinct sweet, heady fragrance similar to jasmine.
Blends Well With: Sandalwood, Lemongrass, Geranium, Sweet Orange, and Peppermint.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- Reduces stress, eases anxiety and depression, alleviates aches and pains, regulates blood sugar, delays skin aging, strengthens and softens hair.
- Depression, dry skin, exhaustion, labor pains, sensitive skin. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 57-67.]
Shelf Life: 6-8 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…