Black Spruce Essential Oil – A Traditional Medicine For The Mind, Body, and Spirit
Historically, Lakota Americans have used Black Spruce for healing wounds and muscular pain. It was also an important part of their spiritual rituals because of its purifying and cleansing properties. In Europe, Black Spruce was used to treat gingivitis and stomach infections.
Black Spruce essential oil has a high content of esters, which contributes to its balancing and antispasmodic properties. This is why it is often added to saunas, hot baths and massages. However, the most remarkable quality of Black Spruce is its ability to clear “blockages”, both respiratory and emotional.
Country of origin: USA
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Scent Description: One of North America’s best kept secrets. Black Spruce essential oil is sweeter and softer than most evergreen oils, with a balsamic, resinous odor, and green woody notes. Clean, fresh and pleasant.
Blends Well With: This oil blends well with cedarwood, clary sage, cypress, eucalyptus, frankincense, lavender, lemon, pine needle, rosemary, and many more.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- Respiratory support, clearing mucus and congestion, calming inflammation, soothing sore muscles, calming muscle spasms including coughs, immune support. [Andrea Butje, The Heart of Aromatherapy (Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, Inc., 2017), 39.]
- Bronchial infection, catarrh, sinus congestion, arthritis, rheumatism, gout, over-exercised muscles, joint stiffness, muscular strain, tendonitis, cellulite. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 624.]
- Clears and relaxes the mind, provides endocrine system support, relaxes muscles and joints.
Shelf Life: 3-4 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG BLACK SPRUCE ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…