Clove Bud Essential Oil – A Holiday Favorite with Health Benefits
Clove oil uses are incredibly impressive, ranging from improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation to helping acne and boosting gum health. One of the best-known clove oil uses is to reduce the pain associated with dental problems. Even mainstream toothpaste makers agree that clove oil reduces the pain and swelling that comes with a toothache.
Country of origin: Indonesia
Method of Extraction: Clove bud essential oil, including the other two forms of clove oil, is produced by steam distillation.
Scent Description: Spicy, warming yet slightly bitter, woody, reminiscent of true clove buds, but richer.
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, and Ylang Ylang essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of clove oil include treating a variety of skin issues, toothache, indigestion, cough, asthma, headache, stress, and blood impurities. The benefits can be attributed to its anesthetic, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, and stimulating properties.
- Cognitive support and brain health. [Dorene Petersen, Presentation: Clinical Use of Aromatherapy for Brain Health: 7 Essential Oils. August 9, 2017, New Brunswick, NJ. Alliance of International Aromatherapists 2017 Conference. AIA 2017 Conference Proceedings page 221-222.]
- Pain relief, bacterial infection, fungal infection, viral skin infection, warts, verrucas, toothache, gum disease, muscle pain, rheumatism, flu, bronchitis, tired limbs, nausea, flatulence, stomach cramp, abdominal spasm, parasitic, infection, scabies, ringworm. [Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016, 581.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG CLOVE BUD ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Clove Bud essential oil is also available in the following:
READY-TO-USE ROLLERS WITH GRAPE SEED OIL >>
WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND >>