Helichrysum Oil Offers Heaps of Health Benefits
Helichrysum is a natural medicinal plant that is used to make a beneficial essential oil that boasts many different benefits due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Helichrysum essential oil has been established in various experimental studies to have strong abilities to lower inflammation due to several mechanisms: inflammatory enzyme inhibition, free radical scavenging activity and corticoid-like effects.
In order to validate some of the traditional uses of Helichrysum and to highlight its other potential applications, numerous scientific studies have been conducted in the last several decades. The focus of many studies has been to identify just how helichrysum acts as a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
Country of origin: Morocco
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Scent Description: Helichrysum essential oil has a strong straw-like, fruity smell, with honey and tea undertones.
Blends Well With: Geranium, Lavender, Rose, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Petit Grain, Sage, and Ylang-Ylang oil.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of helichrysum essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an antispasmodic (treats spasms) , anticoagulant (protects heart health), antiallergenic (prevents allergies), anti-microbial, anti-hematoma (dissolves blood clot), nervine (protects the nervous system), anti-inflammatory (relieves inflammation), antitussive (relieves cough), cicatrizant (heals wounds by forming scar tissue), and an expectorant (treats cough). It also acts as a febrifuge (reduces fever), antiseptic, cholagogic (induces flow of bile), emollient (skin care), mucolytic, fungicidal, hepatic (improves liver health), diuretic (stimulates urination), splenic (treats anemia), and a cytophylactic (maintains cell health) substance. This oil also exhibits antioxidant properties.
- Abscesses, acne, boils, burns, cuts, dermatitis, eczema, irritated skin, wounds, wounds. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-59.]
Shelf Life: 4-5 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG HELICHRYSUM ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Helichrysum essential oil is also available in the following:
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>