Lemon Essential Oil – For Home, Body, and Mind
Lemon Essential Oil is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from any part of the body. It is also widely used to stimulate lymph drainage, to rejuvenate energy, purify skin and act as a bug repellant.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Food Microbiology last year, lemon oil may actually be the most powerful anti-microbial agent of all the essential oils.
Lemon oil is one of the most “essential” oils to have on hand. It can be used as teeth whitener, laundry freshener, cellulite cream, face wash and household cleaner.
From what we can tell, Ayurvedic medicine has been using both lemons and lemon essential oil to treat a wide spectrum of health conditions for at least 1,000 years. The health benefits of lemon essential oil have been well established scientifically.
Country of origin: Italy
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed/Expressed.
Scent Description: Lemon oil has a sharp, fresh citrus smell.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, sweet orange, lemongrass, peppermint, and many more!
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of lemon oil include its ability to treat skin disorders, hair conditions, stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, obesity, insomnia, stomach problems, and fatigue. All these benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep-inducing, and anti-fungal properties.
- Athlete’s foot, chiliblains, colds, corns, dull skin, flu, oily skin, spots, varicose veins, warts. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 56-66.]
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Lemon essential oil is also available in the following:
NATURAL WAX CANDLES >>
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>
NATURAL REED DIFFUSERS >>
NATURAL AIR MISTS >>