Sweet Orange Essential Oil – A Fresh Boost To Your Health
Have you ever noticed the slight amount of oil that leaches out when cut into an orange or “zested” its skin to use the outer peel in recipes? The strong taste and aroma that come from the oils are exactly what’s concentrated in orange essential oil. A potent formula of orange’s active ingredients is responsible for its healing abilities.
Country of origin: Brazil
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed/Expressed
Sweet Orange Essential Oil has a sweet, fresh and tangy smell, reminiscent of the fruit.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, lemon, lemongrass, peppermint, cedarwood, geranium, ginger, jasmine, lavender, rosemary, and sandalwood essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of orange essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an anti-inflammatory (relieves inflammation), antidepressant, antispasmodic (treats spasms), antiseptic (prevents infections), aphrodisiac, carminative (relieves flatulence), diuretic (stimulates urination), tonic, sedative, and a cholagogic substance.
- Colds, constipation, dull skin, flatulence, flatulence, flu, gums, mouth, slow digestion, stress. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 57-67.]
Shelf Life: 1-2 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…