Peppermint Essential Oil – A Potent Oil with the Power of Menthol
The aroma of Peppermint Essential Oil is familiar and pleasant to most. Peppermint Oil is very intense and is far more concentrated than most other steam distilled essential oils. At low dilutions, it is fresh, minty and quite uplifting. Its a favorite around Christmas and the holidays, but is also popular year round.
There are few fragrances that are more familiar than peppermint. Its sweet, spicy aroma can bring about fond memories of holiday treats and festivities.
Many people today use peppermint essential oil to improve their health and quality of life. Its fragrance is invigorating, with studies suggesting that it can help to enhance memory and feelings of alertness while stimulating the brain.
Country of origin: India
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Scent Description: Peppermint oil has a fresh, sharp, penetrating mint and menthol aroma with a sweet vapor.
Blends Well With: A variety of other essential oils, including lemon, lavender, eucalyptus, and rosemary, spearmint, and many more!
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of peppermint oil include its ability to treat indigestion, respiratory problems, headache, nausea, fever, stomach and bowel spasms, as well as pain. Due to the presence of menthol, menthone, and methyl esters, peppermint, and peppermint oil find wide applications in the manufacturing of soap, shampoo, cigarettes, toothpaste, chewing gum, tea, and ice cream.
- Asthma, colic, exhaustion, flu, flatulence, headache, nausea, scabies, sinusitis, vertigo. [Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), 59-67.] May potentially deter rodents.
Shelf Life: 5-6 years
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- MAHALAGANG PAALALA: ANG PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL AY HINDI GAMOT AT HINDI DAPAT GAMITING PANGGAMOT SA ANUMANG URI NG SAKIT.
Peppermint essential oil is also available in the following:
NATURAL WAX CANDLES >>
WATER-SOLUBLE BLEND >>
NATURAL REED DIFFUSERS >>
NATURAL AIR MISTS >>