Uplift Your Mood With Wintergreen Oil
Wintergreen Essential Oil is typically comprised of at least 96% methyl salicylate, an ester that can be toxic when not used with great care.
Wintergreen Essential Oil is praised for its ability to reduce pain and inflammation. However, it must be used sparingly and with immense caution as numerous reports of poisoning have occurred.
When used in aromatherapy, wintergreen oil helps relax and uplift your mood. It has powerful, mentally stimulating effects that increase your attentiveness and the vibration of your body. Its strong aroma can also open, influence and elevate the awareness of your senses.
Country of origin: USA
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled.
Scent Description: Crisp, fresh, woody, sweet, birch-like aroma. If you’ve ever used a pain-relieving ointment or rub with a mentholated aroma, then chances are you already know what wintergreen oil smells like. The clean and minty scent of this herbal oil is associated with relieving pain and stimulating mental wellbeing.
Blends Well With: Peppermint, oregano, vanilla, ylang-ylang, and eucalyptus essential oils.
Therapeutic Properties & Uses:
- The health benefits of wintergreen essential oil can be attributed to its properties as an analgesic, anodyne, antirheumatic, antiarthritic, antispasmodic, antiseptic, aromatic, astringent, carminative, diuretic, emmenagogue and a stimulating substance.
- Inflammation, pain management, rheumatoid arthritis. [Salvatore Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy (Australia: The Perfect Potion, 2003), 324.]
Shelf Life: 6-8 years
- Wintergreen oil is toxic if ingested. Be very careful in using this oil around children. Always dilute Wintergreen oil very well with a carrier oil if used topically.
- Essential oils are for aromatherapy and external use only.
- Never apply essential oils in its pure and concentrated forms directly onto the skin. Mix it with a carrier oil first.
- Be sure to do a skin patch test before applying it topically onto the desired area to ensure that there are no allergic or sensitive reactions.
- If you are pregnant, be sure to check with your doctor first before using essential oils.
- This essential oil is also compatible for use in perfumery, soap- and candle-making, and all other aromatherapy needs.
- Available in 100% PURE ESSENTIAL OILS, and in a WATER-SOLUBLE blend.
- PURE ESSENTIAL OILS are highly concentrated plant-based natural oils and must be diluted with water when used in oil burners and diffusers. Dilute first with a carrier oil if used topically. CLICK HERE FOR CARRIERS OILS >>
- WATER-SOLUBLE ESSENTIAL OILS are blends of pure essential oils and natural emulsifiers and compounds, that make them soluble in water, and designed for diffusing. Note: You may have to use more drops to reach the same level of scent-throw as pure oils. Adjust the amount of drops accordingly to your preferred strength.
- Diffusing essential oils is best in air-conditioned spaces.
Wherever the journey takes you…